Catastrophic injury describes damages creating lifetime challenges, obstacles and burdens. As your Fort Myers personal injury lawyer having decades experience, I work directly and personally with clients who suffer catastrophic injury.
Catastrophic Injury is Life-Changing
Catastrophic injury includes life changing harms and losses. Moreover, this often includes lifetime needs. Especially relevant here are rehabilitation, therapy, and overcoming physical and emotional challenges. Moreover, financial losses—medical bills and and lost income—are huge.
These harms and losses can arise in several outcomes or situations, such as:
- Spinal Cord Injury: paralysis, quadriplegia (tetraplegia), hemiplegia, paraplegia, or permanent paresis (weakness)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: deficits in knowledge, understanding, personality change, or comatose state caused by damage to brain
- Amputation: losing arm or leg
- Organ failure: often secondary to trauma causing primary injury, this also result from defective products
- Blindness: complete vision loss caused by trauma, TBI, or defective product
- Burn Injury: survivors endure third and fourth degree burns, pain, and disfigurement
- Disfigurement: facial and body injuries dramatically changing appearance causing extreme pain and anguish
- Sexual Abuse: survivors suffer devastating physical and psychological injuries from unimaginable violence
In addition, broken bones may be catastrophic injury. However, this classification exists when fractures cause additional organ or tissue damage, permanent disfigurement, or lead to permanent disability.
Money Compensation for Catastrophic Injury
I can tell you no one would knowingly trade their health to catastrophic injury for money. We all know money cannot provide happiness, health, or undo damage done. Accordingly, why do we pursue money compensation for you?
First, money is how we assess and value damages in our justice system. Second, money does provide some relief. Specifically, compensation may provide comfort, financial security, and opportunities.
So, while money cannot heal you or remove all lifetime problems, it may provide you access and opportunities. Especially relevant, having access to highest quality care, therapy, equipment, and advances, may make life a little easier. Moreover, you may have a higher quality lifestyle and enjoyment than you though possible.
Accordingly, there is some comfort in knowing resources may help catastrophic injury survivors and family through challenges. Moreover, with technological and medical advances, you may find hope once again.
I Pursue Catastrophic Injury Claims in Southwest Florida
I represent catastrophic injury survivors and families throughout Southwest Florida—Lee County, Collier County, Sarasota County, Charlotte County, Hendry County and nearby communities. Accordingly, if you or someone you love sustains catastrophic injury due to wrongdoing, then contact me immediately.
Your consultation is free and personal. Moreover, I personally come to your home or hospital room to discuss your circumstances and how I may help.
I’m Fort Myers injury lawyer David Harris, your local trial attorney and litigator. Since 1995, I have personally been fighting for clients inside and outside courtrooms and at negotiating tables. My drive, skill, and experience work for you. After all, I am seeking full money compensation for your needs and goals, present and future.
Helping you through your challenges and seeking your better future drives what I do. I’m here for you whenever you need me, and maintain a close relationship with you from day one forward.
So, let’s begin. Contact me for free and we’ll start our discussion.