National Safety Council data relates falls to nearly ten million emergency room visits each year. Especially relevant, slip and fall cases are a leading accidental injury cause. Accordingly, while slips, trips and falls may sound harmless, they are often serious incidents having serious consequences.
Slip and Fall Cases Result From Many Conditions
Slip and fall cases often occur when there is not enough friction between your shoes and a walking surface. Perhaps a floor, tile, pavement, or similar ground surface. Accordingly, these incidents occur in many ways.
Here are some examples of how slip and fall cases happen:
- Wet floors. As you know, liquids make many floors slippery. For example, on rainy days, store entrances may be very wet, creating a hazard for customers. Therefore, stores must warn shoppers about these slippery conditions and try to keep floors dry.
- Spills. These events happen a lot at grocery and similar stores. Consequently, slippery wet spots develop on floors. Accordingly, stores must identify and clean up spills in a timely manner to prevent slip and fall cases.
- Transitions. When different floor surfaces meet, there is a change in elevation and traction. For example, when tile abuts concrete. This change creates fall risks when one surface has good traction and an adjoining one does not.
- Rain. When it’s pouring outside, a puddle can cover an object that has been discarded on a walkway. An unsuspecting pedestrian can step in that puddle and slip on the hidden object.
- Mats. Loose all-weather mats are not always helpful. Rather, when loose or soaked with water, these mats present big slip risks.
However slip and fall cases happen, they are preventable through reasonable care. Moreover, stores, businesses, and other property owners must make fall prevention a top priority.
Slip and Fall Cases Cause Serious Injuries
Slip and fall cases often result in serious injuries. Consequently, you lose money from not working, face large medical and hospital bills, and suffer real pain.
When your harms and losses result from negligence, you may feel another sting. However, this time it’s from your sense of right and wrong. While you’re hurting and face these burdens, a risk manager or insurance company may be difficult. Subsequently, they may low ball a settlement offer or deny your claim.
As a Fort Myers slip and fall attorney having decades experience, I know your challenges. Your injuries change your life in an instant. Moreover, your lasting pain and disability result from needless mistakes.
Recovering Compensation in Slip and Fall Cases
You need compensation to address your financial needs and future comfort. You should choose counsel with experience. Importantly, I know slip and fall cases. I represent good people like you in Lee County Florida—Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Estero, Sanibel, Captiva, Lehigh Acres, North Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Bonita Springs.
Whether your slip and fall cases happen in a supermarket, big box store, or other business due to unsafe conditions, I’m here to help. Accordingly, I promptly work with you—answering your questions and using your opinions—to fight for top money damages.
While money won’t take away your harms, it can help make up for your losses. And, money may provide you medical care and financial security you need in your life.
So, let’s start our free and personal discussion right now. Use our easy contact form or call.